Friday 21 November 2008

Another Broken Card (Copied from LPUMB)

All of the below was copied from my thread in the LP Underground message board...

"I'd like it on the record that I can't play piano and I haven't sung in months heh. I'm really excited about this song, the lyrics just came so easily and I have a perfect guitar part and a perfect piano part in my head. I know drums always come first but I thought I'd go with a simple drum part with some fills that intrigue me...(yes my own music intrigues me) and I'd written this guitar solo forever ago and it's been bugging me and I think I've found the perfect song! Yayy! Even if you guys hate it I'm definitely putting this down to be worked up and recorded and mixed. But I wouldn't mind some suggestions on the chorus
I've done a long intro so I'll shutup,,enjoyy x


Another Broken Card

Scars disappear into generations,
But placing your mind is harder than you thought,
Keeping up the work,
And satisfy try to keep the rhymes level,
Out of your mind trying to find the right devil,
Running from the wolves trying to call it a day,
But they can match your speed so you're walking the race.

Everything you wanted was just another broken card facing away,
Still you try to lose your grip and find yourself someday,
I'm still lost in you; trying to find another broken card heading his way.
Just to make it OK.

Weeks go by on the back of your hand screaming out to the world,
But you're not making sense calling out for your girl,
In the city,
Everything looks so real 'til you realise just how it is.
You can try to get by but you have to see how to lose,
Trying to make sense of things they want you to do,
I'm lost all again taking hope from the poor,
Self-doubt leaks within and she never really helps.

Everything she wanted was just another broken card facing away,
Still we try to lose our grip and find yourself someday,
Still lost in you and trying to find another broken card heading this way.
Try to make it OK.

Are you sick making me better?
Sick of trying every rule in the book just to get slapped in the face,
And sent to the back of the room,
It's the same thing...
But I won't give in today.
I thought it would be how you said it would be,
But I'm killing me here it's just so damn hard,
Struggling read another broken card...

But all we wanted was just another broken card coming our way,
And we try to lose faith and just find yourself someday,
Still lost in you anf trying to find another broken card heading my way.
So I can make it OK.

[Enter guitar solo I wrote aages ago]

I'm facing the wall praying Lord can you hear me,
Stay by the phone calling love can you feel me,
Saw you to make everything in your dreams,
Hanging out on you was just another mistake,
Something you just have to make...
Until the someday,
When you have that broken card,
It makes it all OK...

Everything you wanted was just another broken card facing away,
Still you try to lose your grip and find yourself someday,
I'm still lost in you; trying to find another broken card heading his way.
Just to make it OK.
Try to keep it away...
And find myself someday"

No comments: